I'm Emilian Bold. Welcome! Bine ați venit!
I'm a software developer for hire. Check out my CV.
My customers asked me to do Java for clients and servers, iOS apps in Objective-C or Swift and Python models.
My public work has revolved around NetBeans: I report bugs and submit patches. I received commit rights to the NetBeans repository back when Oracle owned it and continued being a committer under Apache Software Foundation.
- November: CoolBeans open-sourced under the OpenBeans name.
- October: Created a proof of concept showing how a fresh install of NetBeans could be made to install a different plugin by controlling the network / proxy used which resulted in CVE-2019-17560 and CVE-2019-17561; fixed in NetBeans 11.3. Reported another issue, CVE not allocated yet.
- October: Launched Mastodon.ro, a stock market site with basic machine learning predictions.
- July: Released CoolBeans 2019.06, in sync with upstream NetBeans 11.1
- July: Launched jchoice.eu, an informational page about OpenJDK builds.
- May: Launched codeswith.com, a testimonial site about programmers.
- November: Launched CoolBeans IDE, a NetBeans distribution.
- October: Apache NetBeans wins 2018 Duke's Choice Award at Code One.
- July: Release Manager for Apache NetBeans 9.0
- October: YaMeter: Remote JMeter Cloud load testing on Google Cloud and Amazon EC2 or both (multi-cloud) (JAXenter).
- October: singlehandedly managed #Hacktoberfest for NetBeans. Stats: 75 commits, 24 new contributors! 218 closed issues, 101 closed PRs.
- March: NetBeans Retina (JAXenter), with a small Angular site.
- December: NBnotify. Native Windows/macOS/Linux notifications for NetBeans.
- December: migrated the NetBeans Mercurial repository holding 17 years of history to Git.
May: Did a 'summer of code' style paid intership inside my own company.
- NBnotify : native macOS notifications for NetBeans.
- Became a member of the NetBeans Dream Team.
- July: Busy exploring Maven projects with NetBeans IDE
- Started working all day on top of the NetBeans Platform as a consultant.
Before that, I used the Platform on and off ever since the 3.6 version.